Thursday, August 15, 2013

Another Painter's Tape Idea

A couple of week's ago I posted a card made with a fun technique using a low-tack masking tape or painter's tape.  I still had a color combo floating around that I wanted to try using this technique.  I had my hostess club ladies make this card and I just love the colors we used!  So soft and feminine looking - sort of vintage I guess you'd call it.  However you want to describe it, it's just plain pretty.  Here's the card the ladies made...

Stamps:  Field Flowers
Ink:  Stazon Jet Black, Blushing Bride, Perfect Plum, and Pear Pizzazz
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Perfect Plum, Basic Black, and Whisper White
Accessories:   Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon
 I ended up taking about a dozen pictures, but just couldn't get the Blushing Bride ink color to come out nicely on the photo.  It's the top color shown on the card, and is very pretty in reality.  Sometimes I hate technology when I can't get it to do what I want!!  As Lucy would say - "AAAARRRRGH!   But anyway, I hope you get the picture, no pun intended there!

Any type of  black silhouette image would work splendidly with this technique.  And it's so easy to use the tape with your ink pads to get the soft stripes of color.  In fact, I just showed 2 ladies how to do it this afternoon.  I made the background sample for them in about 5 minutes.  Now I've got another piece of cardstock with the colors already laid on so I'll have to make another card.  Right?

Quick refresher in case you don't know this technique.  Rip a piece of masking tape about 3" long.  Lay tape (sticky side down) onto your ink pad.  Press lightly with fingertips.  Lay tape onto cardstock ink down.  Rub on the tape to transfer the color.  Remove tape.  For best results use several different colors.  TIP: just remember to use a low-tack type of masking tape so the actual tape won't stick to your cardstock when you remove it.

That's it.  If you haven't tried this yet, go ahead and give it a try.  It's so much fun seeing the different stripes of color when you remove the tape and you see what's there.  Ok, time's up and it's time for me to move on.  Have a great week and get stamping!!  Sharon

No comments: