Monday, July 29, 2013

Sneak Peek Thankful

I'm not sure why some weekends I just need to veg out and don't have an ounce of ambition to me at all.   Last weekend was one of those times and I feel like I missed an opportunity to get lots of things done.  Instead I only got around to doing the basics of some laundry, dishes, and picking up.  Most of the time I should have been creating, I was sitting and staring into space or wandering around trying to think of something fabulous and coming up with a big, huge blank.  Yuck!!  I finally made one card that I think is worthy of attention.  It was made with one of the new sets from the Holiday Catalog that you'll be able to order from in just a few more days (August 1st)!!  Here's the sneak peek for you...

Stamps:  Harvest of Thanks
Ink:  Cajun Craze pad, Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke, and Crushed Curry markers
Paper:  Naturals Ivory, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Always Artichoke, and Very Vanilla
Accessories:   Big Shot with Apothecary Accents Framelits, Square Lattice TIEF,  Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Piercing Tool and Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, and Dimensionals
Thanksgiving is a favorite holiday of mine because the idea of taking time out to thank God for all the blessings He has given us is very important.  I know I get easily caught up in all the busyness of life and get lax in giving thanks, so this is a great reminder to be grateful.  So it's no surprise that this was the very first stamp set I purchased from the Holiday Catalog.  I wanted to have lots of texture and layers on the card without it being too overdone, and I think that worked out with the embossed Crushed Curry layer tucked between the other differently shaped layers.

I love how the main image looks colored in with the markers to enhance it.  I didn't really work on getting shading on the image because the way it's made the highlights happen automatically.  I also decided not to give it lots of sponging like I normally do for autumn cards, but kept it clean and simple. 

Hope you like this idea and give it a try.  I've got to get my creative juices going and come up with more ideas using this set.  Thanks for stopping by to see what's new.  Remember, ordering from the Holiday Catalog starts on August 1st!       See you again soon!     Sharon

No comments: