Friday, July 5, 2013

Another Fish Tale

Today I've got another card to share with you using the By the Tide stamp set.  I wasn't too sure about getting this stamp set when it came out last January.  But the more things that I saw others making with this set, I knew I had to get it too.  It is such a versatile set with wonderful images that you can use for so many different occasions.  This card is a very simple monochromatic card.  See what you think...

Stamps:  By the Tide and Sweet Essentials
Ink:  Basic Gray and Basic Black
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Whisper White, with Neutrals Collection Designer Series Paper Stacks(ret)
Accessories:   2 1/2" Circle Punch, Piercing Mat and Piercing Tool, Neutrals Mini Brads(ret), Paper Snips, and Dimensionals
I've looked at a lot of samples using this set, and I love the simplest lines and clean look with this set.  This card is a cased idea that's been rolling around in my head and I can't remember where I saw the original.  So if you know who made one that looks similar, let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.

Usually my cards are very symmetrical with all the layers lined up just so.  On this one, the layering is all at angles and there's straight lines played against a circle and the cut out fish added for lots of different shapes.  Definitely gives it lots of interest.

My Hostess Club ladies made this card recently and each of them seemed to like it too.  It's always good to have another masculine card on hand, so I try to plan one every once in a while.  I hated to use a retired DSP for my club ladies, but my new papers aren't here yet, soooooo we made do with what I had on hand. 

That's it for today.  Hope you enjoyed this one.  It's one of my favorite cards in a while and hope you liked it too.  Hugs,     Sharon

No comments: