Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Washi Tape Birthday

Have you given up on me yet?  Hope not, even though sometimes I'm ready to give up on me lately!  There's been some struggle lately to balance all the areas of my life, and I think all of the major areas are suffering as a result.  Still trying to get enough sleep so there's enough energy for playing with and watching our grandsons everyday.  I love spending time with them, but it sure is wearing me down sometimes!  Add to that some quirky car problems, and I'm getting overwhelmed a bit.  Anyway, I've got a card from last week's classes that I think you'll like.  It's so bright and summery that it feels like a summer day.  So it should fit right in as it's the middle of July, right?

Stamps:  Label Love and Simply Sketched(hostess)
Ink:  Basic Black and Always Artichoke
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Strawberry Slush, Island Indigo, and Cardstock Vellum
Accessories:   Artisan Label Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pak, Gingham Garden Washi Tape, Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Glue Dots, and Dimensionals
Love the bright, happy look of this card.  This is the first chance I'd had to use Washi Tape.  I had no idea why everyone was so taken with it.  That is, until I tried it myself.  Oh yeah, it's really wonderful!  It's so easy to use, just like using regular tape.  Put it on the card and cut when you have enough.  It is translucent, almost like vellum with an adhesive backing.  And such pretty colors and prints!  Yes, I'm lovin' this new product!!

I think the little punched flowers on the stamped vellum really make the card stand out.  It's an unexpected touch.  And I'm getting lots of use out of the new Label Love stamp set with the coordinating Artisan Label Punch.  It's the perfect size for adding sentiments to your cards.

Thanks for checking in on me.  Hope you enjoy this card.  To my friends who have departed to Utah for convention, have a wonderful time!  Hugs,  Sharon

1 comment:

JanTink said...

Cute card! I was hoping you would be here with me at convention, but I guess I will have to enjoy it for you and make sure I share everything when I get home!