Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July

Hope you're enjoying your holiday.  Today has turned out to be a lovely day and just perfect for spending time out of doors.  I'm certainly enjoying the no-stress day today.  Yesterday I was having some car troubles and they seem to be continuing on today.  Luckily my daughter isn't working the next 2 days so I could borrow her vehicle to get around and get a few things done.  Now it's time to share some cards the ladies made on Tuesday when we made cards for the military.  Here are some of the designs that we made....

These cards are all using Stampin'Up! products and stamps.  They are all a mix of current and retired stamps and designer papers.  I kind of use whatever is available for the sketch idea I come up with. 

All of the punches used (2 1/2" Circle, Artisan Label, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle, 1 3/4" Circle, Word Window, Bird Builder) are current.   The Labels Collection Framelits are current, but the Happy Whale Sizzlit is one of the retired accessories used.
For background texture, I used Stripes and Perfect Polka Dot TIEFs.  Oops, I forgot my friend Sue F. designed the bird card and she used a  non-SU! embossing folder.

Hope you are inspired by the ideas.  It's always fun when we get together and make these cards for our military.  This week we made 132 cards in the two hours we spent stamping.  Lots of fun and laughing going on along with the stamping.  That's one of the fabulous reasons to stamp - the great people you meet along the way.  Well, have a great day and find a friend or two to stamp with!  Hugs,  Sharon

No comments: