Monday, June 24, 2013

Kindness is Blooming

Well, here it is Monday again.  How come the weekends always go by so fast?  Wish I could stretch them out just a little bit longer.  Oh well, complaining never got me anywhere before, so I guess there's no point in it now.  So instead, let's take a look at something that I thought was really lovely.  I was wandering around some blogs a week ago and sketched out some layouts that I thought were interesting.  Here's what I did with one of them...

Stamps:  Blooming with Kindness, En Francais,  and Thoughts & Prayers
Ink:  Whisper White Craft pad, Soft Suede, Pool Party pads with Island Indigo  marker
Paper:  Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, and Whisper White
Accessories:   Big Shot with Window Frames Collection Framelits, Fancy Fan TIEF, Modern Label Punch, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Pearls Basic Jewels, Sponge quarters, and Dimensionals
First off, the embossed Pool Party layer was sponged with Whisper White craft ink to make the embossing stand out more.  Next the Crumb Cake layer was stamped, then corner-punched with the Decorative Label Punch instead of the usual ripped corners.  Then it was sponged with Soft Suede ink.  The sentiment was also sponged and the pearls added to give a subtle bling to the card.

The flower stamp was inked first with Pool Party, then 'thumped' with the Island Indigo marker.  I love the two-tone effect this gives without being too rigid on where the color is added.

All in all, I thought this card came out really lovely.  The colors are soft and understated like I prefer for sympathy cards, but there's a lot going on to make it interesting.  Hope you enjoy this idea.  See what you can come up with for this layout.  It could become one of your favorites!  Thanks for stopping in today.  Hope your day is blessed with good things going on!  Sharon

No comments: