Sunday, June 2, 2013

Serene Silhouette Block Print

I have a feeling any posts this week will be just a little schizophrenic in nature.  With the new Stampin'Up! catalog here, I want to share new goodies with you.  But I don't have tons of the new goodies to play with yet.  In fact, not too many at all.  So I'll be sneaking in some old accessories on my projects until I can replace all that's been retired.  Every time I sit down to stamp, I find myself grabbing something to work with and then freaking out because it's retired and I can't show it at parties anymore.  And making up samples to share is just getting a little crazy!  So you're getting a hodge-podge of things here.  There will probably be something retired snuck in there, so you're just going to have to deal with it.  OK?  Hope so...


Stamps:  Serene Silhouettes and Label Love
Ink:  Stazon Jet Black, Daffodil Delight, and Pear Pizzazz
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, and Whisper White
Accessories:  Artisan Label Punch, Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon(ret), Brights Buttons(ret), Baker's Twine, Sponge Dauber, Glue Dots, and Dimensionals
Are you wondering where the Daffodil-stamped rectangle came from?  I still purchase some of my stamps in a wood base.  For me, it just depends on the type of stamp it is.  So when I have a lot of excess rubber from a stamp set, I might keep a bigger piece for future reference. This time I cut a piece into a rectangle to stamp these blocks of color behind the black image. 

Did you notice the cool new sentiment stamp and the coordinating punch?  I just love it when I can stamp, punch, and pop it up!  So quick and easy, but it stands out so much more than just stamping directly onto the card.  And for me, sentiment stamps are an addiction.  If a new one comes out, I need it!  The top left corner of the image layer was also corner-punched with the same punch to coordinate with the sentiment (just in case you were wondering).

Hope you're having a fabulous Sunday - or whatever day it is when you read this!  The day has been simply gorgeous today and I've been enjoying it immensely.  It's been so rainy lately that this is wonderful.  Happy stamping - Sharon

 

No comments: