Monday, May 27, 2013

Oh Whale Will Be Missed

Here it is, getting down to the wire for getting those last minute orders in from the retiring catalog.  There are so many stamp sets that I'll miss, so I thought the ladies that make cards for the soldiers should use some of these.  Plus I had some of those Cute Clip whales left over, so why not?  So I planned a card, got it made (with a few changes on the way), and then realized I hadn't used the little whales!  How funny!!  So I sat back down and made another card making sure the whales were used this time.  So you get two totally different cards today just because I lost my focus on those little whales.  What a bargain - grin...

Stamps:  Oh Whale and Label Love(new)
Ink:  Marina Mist
Paper:   Whisper White, Bashful Blue and Marina Mist cardstock with Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  7/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Modern Label Punch, and Dimensionals

Simple and to the point.  The Paper is the focus on this card.  Too pretty to hide!  A quick sneak peek of a new sentiment set too!
Stamps:  Oh Whale
Ink:  Not Quite Navy
Paper:  Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Tangerine Tango cardstock with Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper(ret)
Accessories:  Big Shot with Happy Whale Clearlits Die, Word Window Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Cute Clips Elements (whale), Simply Scored with the Borders Scoring Plate, Sponge quarter, and Dimensionals
I love this cute little whale and the Clearlits Die that makes it so easy to cut out and pop it up.  The Borders Scoring Plate was used to give it some wavy water for the whale to swim in.  There's sponging around the edges of the Crumb Cake layer and on the waves.  It really shows up better in real life.

Whale, hope you liked these last minute cards.  Both were easy to make and fun to send.  The ladies at church will be making more of these on the first Tuesday of June.  I had to cancel out on them this month because I was so sick.  So that means they've got lots and lots of cards ready to stamp and put together.  Hope the whole group can make it!  We always have so much fun stamping and jabbering away.  When listening to all the chatter and laughing, I'm sometimes amazed at all that gets accomplished in those two hours every month!  Thanks ladies! You're all the greatest for taking time out to fulfill my dream of sending cards for our military to show our love and support!  You know I could never do this without each and every one of you!!   Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

kimcrafyone said...

These are adorable. Great idea!