Saturday, May 4, 2013

Dapper Dad Watch Card

Well, I can start this out one of two ways - either complain about being sick again, or get right into sharing the card for today.  Since I'm so tired of being sick and complaining about it, let's get right into the fun stuff and forget about the not-so-fun stuff.  Today's card used those fun Soda Pop Tops.  Don't you love them??  If you haven't used them yet, you really ought to give them a try.  I'm pretty sure you're gonna love them too!  Here's the card for you...

Stamps:  Dapper Dad and Delightful Dozen 
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, and Not Quite Navy
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla cs with Parker's Patterns Designer Series Paper
Accessories:   Big Shot with Apothecary Accents Framelits, Soda Pop Tops, Natural Trim Ribbon, 1" Circle Punch,  Sponge, and Dimensionals
I had seen someone else use the flattened Soda Pop Top for the watch face and thought it was such a cool idea.  So of course I had to try it too. It  looks so much like those watches with the oversized watch face that seems to be popular right now.

I used the Natural Trim Ribbon as an accent to tie in with the Soft Suede ink on the watch band.  Thought they went well together.  The Father's Day sentiment is stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink to tie in with the DSP print color.   I sponged the one layer with the Cherry Cobbler ink also.

This is a simple card to make, especially when you have the tools to make it easy like the Apothecary Accents Framelits.   Love being able to quickly die-cut the shapes I want to use for a project. 

That's it for today.  Hope I'll be back soon.  Thanks for sticking with me and my very erratic posting lately.  I'm trying to post regularly, but if I'm too sick to stamp there's just nothing to post.  Boohoo!  Have yourself a great weekend.  Sharon

No comments: