Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Card for My Daughter

My daughter is a wonderful mother.  And I'm so very proud of her.  It amazes me that she holds a full time job, keeps her house up nicely, and makes each of her two boys feel so very special.  She takes them for walks and to the park every day that the weather allows.  And they love spending time outside with her.  I wanted to make her a special card for Mother's Day to let her know how proud I am.  Thought I'd play with some of the new In Colors that will be available in another couple of weeks.  I hadn't felt up to doing much stamping lately, so I hadn't even looked at the new colors.  But I gotta tell you, you're going to LOVE them!  Yeah, that might have been a little shout there.  Sorry, I just got carried away with how much I love these new colors.  Soft pastels and warmer brights - yippee!  Can't wait til you can use them too.

Stamps:  Secret Garden, Betsy's Blossoms,  Papillon Potpourri, and Wonderful Favorites(ret)
Ink:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, and Pink Pirouette
Paper:  Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, and Crisp Cantaloupe
Accessories:  Big Shot with Secret Garden Framelits, Elegant Butterfly Punch, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, and Dimensionals
Aren't these new colors fabulous?  I think the Crisp Cantaloupe will be my favorite, but the Pistachio Pudding is coming in a close second.  I stamped the large flower on Pink Pirouette cardstock with the new Strawberry Slush ink.  I then stamped the solid stamp with Pink Pirouette ink right in the center to add color.  Nice look, right?  Then used the matching Framelits set to cut it out. It's hard to see in the photos, but there's touches of Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the center of the flower.  The  background was stamped with Pistachio Pudding, Cantaloupe Crush, and Pink Pirouette.  All really soft, pretty colors for spring.  Love them together!!

The butterfly was stamped with the same Strawberry Slush ink, but on white cardstock and punched out with the Elegant Butterfly Punch.  I added the rhinestones to give it a little more bling.

Decided it was time to get this posted.  Seems like I started writing this two days ago and got sidetracked sometime along the way.  Life is getting crazier as I go on.  My doctor is referring me to an allergist and immunologist since I'm not really getting back to normal (whatever that is!!).  Where will it all end?  Who knows.  I'll just try to keep posting when I can.  Hope you keep coming back to see what's new and don't give up on me yet.  Thanks for stopping by and I'll be getting some more stamping done soon.  Have a great day - Sharon

No comments: