Thursday, May 16, 2013

Last Call

In many ways I don't like this time of year.  When all the changes and retirements are listed for all the stamps and products I've used and grown to love in the past year.  This year is no different than any of the others.  I'm so disappointed to see some of my old favorites ( and some new favorites) be retired to make room for all the fun, new items coming up.  Today's card uses a stamp set and a Sizzlit from the Spring Mini that won't make it to the new catalog.  I thought they were lots of fun to use and have used them several times this spring.  So I needed to share these items quickly before they were gone for good.  If you like them too, you've only got til the end of the month to get them before they're gone!  Here you go.....

Stamps:  Wishes Your Way
Ink:  Pacific Point
Paper:  Pacific Point and Whisper White cardstock and Sunshine and Sprinkles Designer Series Paper, and Polka Dot Parade DSP
Accessories:  Big Shot with Pinwheel Sizzlit, 1/8" Silver Mini Brads, Marina Mist Striped Organdy Ribbon, Dimensionals, and either a wooden skewer (or cute little coffee stir sticks that are white with primary color stripes)
I love how fun this card is!  Don't you remember having those twirly pinwheels and running around so there was enough 'wind' to make them go around as fast as possible.  Anyway, doesn't this bring back memories and make you feel young again? 

I'll be honest and tell you the first time I tried to make one of these pinwheels, it was a real struggle.  But now I've got an easy trick.  Put the brad in through the back, fold in each point onto the brad all the way around, hold it tightly.  Now for the trick - pull the brad out from the back and put into the front so you can see the head.  Easy peasy.

I thought all these prints and colors just lent themselves to the whole pinwheel look.  Very lighthearted and springy.  Hope you have fun with this idea.  If you like pinwheels, this sizzlit makes it soooooo easy.  It cuts it and puts in all the holes needed to make it.  Takes all the trouble out of it and leaves in all the fun.  Get it while you can!

Ok, that's it for today.  Thanks for all the lovely comments that have been left.  I appreciate any input and comments you have for me.  Happy stamping, Sharon

No comments: