Sunday, June 23, 2013

Simply Pressed Flowers

Have you gotten the Simply Pressed Clay and played with it yet?  Oh my goodness!   Talk about a fun product!!  With watching my grandsons everyday, I try to have them do different things to give them a well-rounded day.  Carson has enjoyed playing with Play Dough, but it gets really stiff and too hard for him to work with way too soon.  Then I need to get out and buy more, again and again.  Thought I'd give him a little to play with while I worked on molding some flowers for myself.  Did he ever have fun!  The clay is so soft and pliable, then you can put it in a baggy and come back a week later and play again and it's still soft.  This stuff is great!


 Stamps:  Banner Greetings (hostess)
Ink:  Pool Party pad, Calypso Coral Re-inker
Paper:  Pool Party, Gumball Green, Whisper White, with Epic Day This and That Designer Series Paper
Accessories:   Big Shot with Chevron TIEF, Paper Doilies, Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon, Bird Builder Punch, Simply Pressed Clay with Buttons & Blossoms Clay Molds, and Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue
 I worked color into a small batch, made some flowers with the light color, added more drops of re-inker to the left-over clay and made more flowers.  I did this 3 times to see how much re-inker was needed and to see how it dried and held in shape.  It didn't take very long (10-15 min) to easily pop the flowers out of the mold, but them were still very pliable (make that squishable!).  After sitting out overnight, I sponged a little extra color onto the flowers to show off the detail.  I noticed that the color got a tiny bit lighter as it dried. 
  As you can see on this card, I used two of the darker flowers and one of the lighter ones.  This light one is one of the first I made with only 2 drops of re-inker to an extra-large walnut size of clay.  Surprisingly, after making about 30 flowers, I still have about a teaspoon of clay left!  So I'm telling you, this clay goes a looooooong way when you're making flowers.

Next I'm on to making some buttons.  I'd like to try painting them when dry, but not sure yet what kind of paint to use.  I'll have to investigate that and get back to you with the info.

Hope you're having a very blessed Sunday.  It's always a good day when you thank God for it.  And thank you for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful week, and take time to stamp - it's relaxing!       Sharon

No comments: