Thursday, July 18, 2013

Serene Sandpipers

Okay, so I'm not at convention with my friends and I'm a little bummed out.  So I need to think happy thoughts.  And that makes me think of spending time with family at the ocean.  When I saw the Wetlands stamp set, the line of sandpipers reminded me of wonderful times visiting the ocean with my family.  I knew this would be one of the sets I needed to get.    This is a simple design that would work for many occasions, and for either male or female.  Just change up the sentiment on the card for whatever occasion you might need. 

Stamps:  Wetlands and Remembering Your Birthday
Ink:  Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar, and Coastal Cabana pads, Coastal Cabana marker
Paper:  Baked Brown Sugar, Cabana, Very Vanilla, and Naturals Ivory
Accessories:   Big Shot with Ovals Framelits, Fancy Fan TIEF, Aqua Painter, Sponge Daubers, and Dimensionals
I knew I wanted the sandpipers on an oval piece, but changed my mind and stamped it through the die-cut oval instead.  I chose the Fancy Fan TIEF because it reminded me of waves.  If it was embossed the other way, it reminded me of sea shells, so either way it was perfect.

The new In Colors used here are just too yummy!  I love how they go together nicely and give such a serene feeling to the card.  Fits right in with beach colors.

On this card I used an Aqua Painter to add just a bit of color to the water's edge where the birds are walking.  I thought of adding more color, but we'll just save that for another card on another day.  This has such a clean and simple look, I didn't want to spoil it with anything else.

Thanks for stopping by today.  If you're like me and not at convention right now, let's not feel sorry for ourselves, but get out our stamps and paper and create anyway!  Hugs,  Sharon

No comments: