Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Simply Sketched Hostess set

Today's card was made using the new Simply Sketched hostess set.  Do I 'simply love' this set?  Ohhh yeah!  It's one of my favorites from the whole catalog, so that's saying a lot!  I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and last night the ladies in my hostess club fell in love with it too!  We made a softly pretty card using 3 stamp sets and a couple of different techniques to make the card 'simply fabulous'.  Maybe you'll fall in love with it too.   Remember, you have to be a hostess to get this set.  If you'd like to book a party (or even a book-party!), let me know.  I'd love to plan one with you.  It'll be lots of fun.  OK, here we go with today's card...

 Stamps:  Simply Sketched, Papillion Potpourri, and Creative Elements
Ink:  Stazon Jet Black, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, and Baked Brown Sugar, and Illuminate
Paper:  Whisper White and Crisp Cantaloupe, and Cardstock Vellum
Accessories:  Bitty Butterfly Punch, Aqua Painters, Blender Pens, and Glue Dots
Do you like the overall look of the card?  I think it's just gorgeous!!   The pictures just don't do this card justice.  The lacy overstamping with Illuminate ink and the stamp from Creative Elements in the corner is such a soft, pretty touch.  I ended up taking about a dozen pictures trying to get it to show up better, but it just didn't come out as pretty as it is in real life.   Take my word for it - you've got to give this idea a try!

A trick I tried with this card is giving the stamped images a quick wash of color with the Aqua Painter.  Then go back over it where ever I wanted some shading using the Blender Pens.  I found it didn't raise the nap of the paper like repeated layers of using the Aqua Painter does at times.  That's a nice thing to know when layering colors!
Another fun addition to the card is the butterfly.  We stamped with Stazon on the Cardstock Vellum, punched it out, then colored on the back side.  This gives it a softer look whereby the color is shining through the front with the black ink nice and sharp - like a stained glass effect.  The butterfly was then attach with a Glue Dot on the body and the wings slightly curled.

What more can I say?  It's simply gorgeous and you need to make one (or a dozen!) too!!

Thanks for stopping by to see what's new.  Come and stamp with me again soon.  Sharon

No comments: