Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pleasant Poppies

Hello again!  Today's card is another bright and summery card.  I was scoping out the fabulous cards on Stampin' Connection which is a showcase for demonstrators to share their creations with other demonstrators.  I came across a card that I thought was pretty made by Leathea Woodruff.  She cased it from last year's catalog.  So I thought I would case it from both!  Of course, I've added my own twists and touches to make it a little different.  But basically, it follows the ideas fairly closely.

Stamps:  Pleasant Poppies, Four Frames, Petite Pairs, and Papillon Potpourri
Ink:  Stazon Jet Black, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, and Old Olive
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, and Whisper White cardstock with Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper
Accessories:   Blender Pens, Daffodil Delight 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Decorative Label Punch, Butterfly Punch,  Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Glue Dots, and Dimensionals

This card was so much fun to color with the Blender Pens!  I haven't thought of using them for awhile, and forgot how easy they were to use.  Makes coloring these lovely poppies soooo easy!

When I was casing this card, first I added a card base of Daffodil Delight and changed the DSP to the new Gingham Garden.  Such pretty prints!  Then I added the sentiment on the cardfront differently from what I had seen.  I also added the little bow to the sentiment.  Thought it needed a little touch of ribbon. 

Now, the butterfly addition was another story.  During classes some time or another, the card landed on an open ink pad.  I surely didn't want to scrap the card.  Soooooo, the butterfly is covering the boo-boo.  Otherwise, I don't think I would have placed it in quite that place.  But it worked out just fine this way.  Thank goodness for these little butterflies!  Can't tell you how often they come to the rescue for those little problems!

That's it for today...  This has been a public service reminder to look at the samples in the catalog and use them for a jumping off place when you get stuck for ideas.  Believe me, there are great ideas just waiting for you to stamp them!!  Have fun stamping....     Sharon

ps - happy birthday to my sweet daughter!  Love you honey!!

No comments: