Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Falling Leaves Wreath

Today I have something to share with you that definitely isn't a card.  The idea started out last year and I started die-cutting some leaves for it.  Then I set it aside for a few months - well, more like 10 or 11 months!  Nothing like getting to it right away!!   But some friends and I were talking about it and decided to make them together.  So last week, there were 9 of us here rustling around in about a billion leaves.  At least that's what it seemed like.  No two wreaths ended up the same because everyone chose to bring whatever cardstock or DSP fit their needs.  Here's what I did for mine...

Stamps: Wonderfall
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Old Olive, and (ret)Baja Breeze
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, River Rock, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, (ret)Baja Breeze, and 2 ret DPS sheets - don't know the name
Accessories: Big Shot, Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Dimensionals
Other:   Corrugator(ret), Baja Breeze 1" Stitched Ribbon(ret), Hot Glue Gun, heavy jute twine, and 12x12 heavy cardboard from Specialty DSP packs

It was fun to see what everyone brought to work on.  There were so many colors and types of papers and cardstock.  It looked like we could open a store with all the different papers lying around!  And everyone was willing to share whatever treasures they had brought with them.  That's why I have several leaves made from a glittery, bronzy-brown corrugated cardstock that is gorgeous! 

I have some blues in my kitchen, so I added the Baja Breeze leaves to give it a touch of blue.  I thought it really made a wonderful contrast to all the earth-tone colors.  Some of the ladies used different embossing folders to give some texture while I went with an old corrugator I had from years earlier.  All in all, this was a great evening and we were all inspired from working together.  What fun!  Why not try something like this with a couple of your friends?  There's no right or wrong colors or designs with this, so you can't go wrong.  Have fun bringing the fall colors into your house - Sharon

No comments: