Saturday, October 26, 2013

Quick Christmas #3

Ok, back again with another fast and fabulous Christmas card for you.  I love the new stamp set called O Holy Night.  It gives the whole Christmas story in just a few words and no images.  Quite different from the usual stable scene depicting the Christmas story.  Anyway, here's my take on the 'greatest story ever told'!

Stamps:  O Holy Night, Festive Flurry, and Gorgeous Grunge
Ink:  Midnight Muse, and Whisper White Craft Ink
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Midnight Muse, and Silver Glitter Paper
Accessories:  Big Shot with Adorning Accents Edgelits, Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Glue Dots, and Dimensionals
Whoever thought that Grunge would work on a Christmas card??  But it does make for a lovely smattering of snowflakes, doesn't it?

When I first made the card, I worried that it was all a little dark looking.  It was just what I had planned, but I started second guessing myself as usual.  But after looking at it awhile, I love the muted, night-time feel of the card and that's the way it's staying.  The fancy strip of silver glitter paper along the edge brightens it enough and makes it look festive instead of gloomy.   I debated about a silver ribbon instead of the white, but liked the softness of the taffeta ribbon for this card. 

There you have it.  Another card in the quick and easy Christmas card series I'm doing.  Please feel free to leave your comments and let me know how you like these ideas.  I love to hear what you have to say.  If you're interested in getting a head start on your Christmas cards and would like to get the materials for 10 of these cards all cut and ready to stamp and put together, just contact me and I'd be happy to give you the information on how you can get it all sent right to your door. 

Thanks for stopping in today.  Keep watching for more of these quick and easy Christmas card ideas.  I've got more up my sleeve for you!       Sharon

No comments: