Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Little Plaid Thanksgiving

Boy, I sure don't know where the time has gone lately, but it's been slipping by really quickly!  I've been busy with some card making and planning ahead for classes.  There's always so many great ideas floating around out there, sometimes it almost gets overwhelming seeing them all.  But we can always stand to look at one more, right?  Today's card is a Thanksgiving flip card.  I'm enjoying using the two flip card Thinlits sets from Stampin' Up!  I just can't stay away from them.  Truthfully, they're too much fun not to use!!  Here's my latest sample...

Stamps:  Truly Grateful and Four You
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip pads with Chocolate Chip marker
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla cardstock, and Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Big Shot with Label Card Thinlits, Labels Collection Framelits, Sponge Daubers, and Natural Trim Ribbon
I just love how easy it is to make these flip cards!   And if you have the Labels Collection Framelits, you can die-cut the smaller label and it matches up perfectly. 

The plaid DSP was attached to the cardstock before it was cut - easy peasy!  The skinny strip of the herringbone DSP was added at the last minute because it needed something on the left side of the card to balance with the right side.

I wanted to add something on the back of the flip to finish the 'thankful for...' on the front side.  I found the perfect match with the thankyou sentiment from the Four You stamp set.  I used the Chocolate Chip marker on just the 'you' part of the stamp and it was just what I was looking for.

Hope you  like this idea and it gives you some ideas of your own.  Thanks for stopping in.  Your comments are always welcome.   Have a great week.   Sharon

No comments: