Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hot Cider

One of the things I love about autumn is getting out to a cider mill and getting some fresh cider and a hot donut.  Didn't have a donut stamp, so today we have to just settle for the hot cider instead.  Such a hardship! lol  This card is my first attempt at using 2 new stamp sets.  At least they're new to me.  I thought the 'Perfect Blend' would be right up my alley because I love my coffees and Chai teas.  But since it is this time of year, we're changing things up a bit and going with hot cider.

Stamps:  Perfect Blend, Teeny Tiny Wishes, and Designer Typeset Photopolymer Stamp
Ink:  Soft Suede
Paper:  Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper
Accessories:   Big Shot with Houndstooth TIEF, Large Oval Punch, Modern Label Punch, Brights Candy Dots, Sponge quarter, and Dimensionals
I chose my colors to go with the season.  All the warm Pumpkin Pie and Soft Suede are perfect at this time of year.  And you know the Sweater Weather DSP prints are all fabulous!  The Houndstooth embossing folder was chosen to mimic the DSP print.  I sponged all of the pieces with Soft Suede ink to keep it more like the cider color as well.

This is the first time for using my Designer Typeset stamps.  These photopolymer stamps are wonderful and easy to work with.  The lettering was small enough for me to stamp cider on the cup sleeve.  I just lined up all the letters on the block and stamped them all at once.  It's great being able to do it all at once instead of trying to line each letter up while stamping.

Hope you liked this idea.  You really need to try the Photopolymer stamps if you haven't yet.  Really cool and easy to use.  That's it for today.  This is class week here, so my ladies will be busy making cards tonight. 3 Christmas and a Thanksgiving flip card.  Think they'll love them and I'll be sharing them with you very soon.  Thanks for stopping here to see what's new in my stamping world.  Sharon

No comments: