Sunday, October 27, 2013

Easy Christmas #4

Welcome to my series of quick and easy Christmas cards.  Today is a quiet Sunday afternoon and I'm just enjoying all the peace and quiet around the house.  No little grandsons running, jumping around, and playing extra loud in the background.  I love the little guys, but yes, I'm enjoying the quiet today.   Today's card is very clean and simple and super-duper fast to create.  Just a couple of layers, a few rhinestones and you're done.  Can't get much simpler than that. 

Stamps:  Christmas Star, and Greetings of the Season
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler and Gold Encore
Paper:  Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler
Accessories:   Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Didn't I tell you this was a simple card?  It could easily be embossed with gold if desired, but I wanted the look of a softer golden color.  I also debated about using pearls for a softer look, but liked the rhinestones on the finished card better.  The only thing I might change is the center rhinestone.  I think I might like a dark red one there instead.  I'll have to see about finding a dark red Sharpie marker to do that.

Ok, that's it for today's post.  I'm going to settle down with my Nook and just chill for the rest of the afternoon.  I've got to recharge my energy for when the grandsons show up tomorrow morning ready to go full speed ahead!  Enjoy your Sunday - or whatever day it is when you get around to reading this post!  Sharon

No comments: