Thursday, August 5, 2010

Halloween Favorite

Oh my! Another week seems to have come and gone since I checked in last. I'm just a bit overwhelmed here lately. Seems like the days are totally focused on our grandbaby, and evenings I've been cramming in everything else that needs doing. Last week I was planning on the cards the church ladies would be making for the soldiers this week. And yes, we had a great turnout on Tuesday evening - 15 ladies and 2 preteen girls. Everyone worked like crazy to get as many cards made as possible. They actually finished 115 cards in 2 hours!! Now that's really hustling! And after finishing all those cards Tuesday night, I spent time Wednesday getting them all counted, packaged up, and then dropped at the Post Office. Whew!! Now for the duh part - I forgot to take pictures of the 6 different cards the ladies made!! How dumb is that?? I was so intent on getting them mailed out, that I totally forgot the pics. What can I say? (shrug) Anyway, I have some pics of one of the cards the ladies made for the soldiers last month. Here goes...
Stamps: Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Pumpkin Patch
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black and Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, and Old Olive
Accessories: 1", 1 1/4", and 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Paper Snips, and Dimensionals
Isn't it fun having the pumpkin peeking from inside a hole in front of the card? It's just so darn cute in person! I just wish the colors showed up better in the pics. The colors in the 2nd picture are much more realistic than the top one. The ribbon came from one of the craft stores and is pumpkin on one side and black on the reverse side. So cute and matched so well with the cardstock, you'd think it was made for it. Don't you love it when you have just the right ribbon or accessories for the right card??
Hope you enjoy the idea and it jump-starts some card ideas for you! See you soon (I hope!)...
Sharon

No comments: