Saturday, August 28, 2010

Witchy Girl

Have I mentioned lately how much I like SU!'s cute little kids? They have some of the cutest ones available, and I'm such a sucker for them! Today I have another sneak peak of a set coming out in the new Holiday Mini Catalog. (If you don't have one yet, I'd be happy to mail one out to you - just contact me about it!!) Anyway, the cute little witch in the Fang-tastic set is my muse for today. She might be a witch, but she looks pretty darn cute and not scary at all.


Stamps: Fang-tastic
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Blushing Bride
Accessories: Neutrals Watercolor Wonder Crayons, AquaPainter, Sponge quarters, Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Champagne Shimmer Paint, Large and Small Oval Punches, Paper Snips, and Dimensionals





Thank heavens for those Paper Snips. It's the only way to cut out all those little pieces, especially that little girl. Her arms and legs are so skinny and then there's her hair and her broom. Whew. I think I need glasses that are a bit stronger to see that little detailed stuff now that I'm getting a little bit older. Notice I didn't actually say I was old, just getter older. There's a big difference there that I want to make very clear!!

Anyway, back to the card! The background was sponged on, just using different styles for the sky and grass. The grass was just sponging in from the edge, but the sky was lightly sponged all over and then layers of darkness built up. Still sponging lightly, just more layers.

Just a little side note here. When I heard SU! was taking away Blush Blossom and giving us Blushing Bride instead, I was really unhappy. But now that I've been using the Blushing Bride color for all skin tones instead, I'm so very happy with the new color! It works out just great. For my little girl, I used the Blushing Bride ink for both her skintone and the blush! It's really a great color and I have to say "kudos" to SU! for this new color.

I wish the picture showed the smidgeon of Shimmer Paint on the buckle of her hat. IRL it adds just a cute touch of glimmer. Hmmm... maybe I just might go back and add a touch to those stars on her little dress. That might be nice.

Hope you like my little witchy girl today and maybe get your Halloween stamps out to play. You know, time's running out to get these made and in the mail on time. Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your comments on my little witch - they are very appreciated.
Sharon

No comments: