Thursday, August 26, 2010

Another Butterfly Redo

Hey peeps! Hope you're having a terrific week! The weather has been a bit cooler and more comfortable this week. (great sleeping weather!!) It's been wonderful having the windows open and feeling the fresh air flowing through the house again. Yesterday I shared a CASEd card of a butterfly that my Hostess Club wanted to make. Since we were doing butterflies, I just stuck with the theme and CASEd a card from the Summer Mini that's only going to be around another few days. It's a simple card with nice clean lines. Of course, I did my usual changes to fit what I wanted to use that evening. And here's what I did..... (You can look for the original on page 19 of the mini.)

Stamps: Elements of Style, Tea House background, and Extreme Elements
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, and More Mustard
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, and VersaMark Pads, Poppy Parade and Old Olive Markers
Accessories: Vanilla and Gold Glow Smooch Spritz, Big Shot with Beautiful Butterflies Die, Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, and Square Fire Rhinestone Brads
Have you checked the original card yet? One of the biggest changes I made was using the Tea House background stamp on the main card. I love how this gives a subtle difference to the background instead of the plain background on the original. Isn't this a lovely vintage looking stamp? It's turning into one of my favorites! I chose that stamp to coordinate with the swirls on the butterfly and More Mustard layer too.
The next change was not using Crystal Effects on the butterfly. With the number of ladies making the card, I was worried that the Crystal Effects would get smudged on the butterflies before they dried enough to put on the cards. There's no reason to set the stage for failure, so I changed it to the two spritzes instead. With the heavier spraying, we still got a little of the marker colors bleeding that we tried to match on the original card. Plus we got a lovely shimmery sheen on the butterflies. How pretty!
Well, that's it for today. Short and sweet without too much rambling on for you. Hope I can get back to the stamp cave and get a few more ideas to share with you tomorrow. Have a great day!
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

Lovely card! Yep-using CE is definitely a test of your patience. I have many projects with my fingerprints on them!