Monday, August 16, 2010

Fang-tastic!

Yup, I had decided not to get another Halloween set because every time I do it's retired right away. How frustrating! But I just couldn't help myself when I saw what Stampin' Up! was offering in the new Holiday Mini coming out in September. Oooooh, it's just too cute and I love cute Halloween stuff. You can skip the ghoulish and gory as far as I'm concerned. Just give me the cute little kids in their Halloween costumes, and I'm an absolute pushover! So when I had a chance to pre-order from the new mini and get some samples made, well, along came the guy in the brown truck with a box for me with Fang-tastic sitting right on top!!
I was even crazy enough to sign up for a swap using this set, so I had to get creating with it. Now I can't show you the cards I made for the swap just yet. (don't worry, I did remember to take a picture before sending them off, but I have to wait a bit to share!) But that wasn't the only card I made with the set. Here's a different idea using the cute little dracula kid.
Stamps: Fang-tastic stamps, Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, and Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: AquaPainter, Watercolor Wonder Crayons - Neutrals, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch (for the teeth marks), Distressing Tool, Jumbo Handle, Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, and Dimensionals
Now, wasn't I right? Isn't this just the cutest little kid dressed up like dracula? It was so easy to color him with the Neutral WWCrayons. All except for his vest - I had to use my Razzleberry ink pad for that.
How do you like the Vintage wheel design on the background? I had someone mess up their cardstock at class last week using the wheel in the wrong direction. So, since the inked, gray cardstock was just sitting there, I figured I might as well use it for something. Right?
Well, hope you like this idea using the very new
Fang-tastic set. Maybe I need to make another card or two with the set before it finds a home on my shelves. That cute little girl-witch is calling out to me! We'll see.....
Happy stamping,
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

I love Halloween but I never know who to give the cards to and most of my customers don't celebrate it. Guess I should just buy a new set anyway?

Love the card and your cute little Dracula!