Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Batty Halloween Card

It's still a little early in the season, but I've been doing lots of thinking about Halloween ideas. I'm not a huge Halloween fan, but like I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm a sucker for cute. Now this one isn't really cutesie, but I do think it falls on the cuter end of the Halloween "ghoulish meter". Wonder if there really is something like that??! Anyway, it was fun to make and that's what counts, right? BTW - Connie, this one's for you!


Stamps: All Holidays set, and Frightful Fence Jumbo Wheel
Cardstock: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, and Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, and Old Olive
Accessories: Jumbo Handle, Modern Label Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Round Tab Punch, Sponge quarters, Brights Brads, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, and Dimensionals

I didn't pre-order the new Bat Punch, so I made do with bats made from repeatedly punching the side of the Round Tab Punch. I love the look of these. They have this slightly sinister look, but totally harmless. Just the way I like my Halloween!

For the grasses on the bottom, I used the direct-to-paper technique with Old Olive ink. If you're not a fan of that technique, I think using a marker and just drawing in the grasses would work just as well. Without anything on the bottom it looked a little bare. I was lucky enough to get the spider web from the wheel onto the card front this time. Half the time it didn't make it, but this time it worked. Guess I've got to practice where to start my wheel on the paper better.

When I was working on the moon, I wanted to have it look rounded but then almost blending into the background. To accomplish that I sponged the circle with a good amount of Daffodil Delight ink about 1/2" in on all the edges, then went back with Peach Parfait and added a little more sponging on the edge. This starts to blend the edge into the Pumpkin Pie background, but still keeps it separate.

Anyway, hope you have fun with the idea. This was one of the cards in my Punchy Class today. If you're in the Detroit area and are looking for a fun class, come join us! We're always looking for people who like to have fun and love chocolate. Well, I guess the chocolate part is optional, but expect to meet some great ladies and have a good time. Just contact me and I'll get you the information for upcoming classes.

Have a great week!
Sharon

No comments: