Saturday, August 7, 2010

Joy Filled

Happy Sunday to you! My used stamp sale yesterday didn't go too well. I still have way too many stamps left that need to be stored away somewhere. When I set the date for the sale, I totally forgot about the big stamp convention about an hour away from here. And that's where all my customers went. bummer! I've been getting updates from some of my ladies about going there instead of coming here. Oh well, maybe I'll give this a try in another couple of months. Something has to leave this basement, or I won't be able to cram anything else in here without busting out the walls! Wow, what an idea!! I wonder, could we excavate out from the walls and add another storage room on the back of the house? hmmmm.... Ah, no, I'm pretty sure my hubby wouldn't go for that idea!!! LOL

Anyway, I have a Christmas card idea to share with you today. I know Christmas is still a long way off, but we need to get the cards finished for the soldiers extra early so they can send them home. I mentioned how I try to use retired items to make these cards, and this one is no exception. The Merry Moments Designer Series Paper and Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon used for this card have both been retired, but the main image comes from a great new set called Perfect Punches.


Stamps: Perfect Punches

Cardstock: Old Olive, Real Red, Very Vanilla with Merry Moments DSP (retired)

Ink: Old Olive

Accessories: Real Red Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Circle Punch, and Dimensionals




So never think that you have to use only new products with new, and old products with old. Stampin' Up! does a fabulous job of making things coordinate on so many different levels. Get out your old favorites and pair them up with something fresh and new. You'll like what you come up with and fall in love with your old favorites all over again!!

And just to keep you thinking Christmas, there are only 138 days left before Christmas! Start thinking about what cards you want to make to send to all your family and friends to wish them well. This card design is super-simple and goes together in a jiffy. Just find a lovely printed paper, and go to town with it. Make sure you check back later to see the terrific new Designer Papers that Stampin' Up! will be showing in September! I have them pre-ordered and I can't wait to start creating with them and sharing with you! I know you're gonna want to get some for sure!

Oh, I almost forgot, in a couple of days my hubby and I will celebrate our 36th anniversary! Since I've been so busy babysitting and not doing as many workshops as usual, anyone that places an order on my website will be getting an extra-special thank-you from me! I've made several sets of cute owl note cards with a little holder for them. I'd love to share one of these sets with you. So go ahead and place your order online and I'll get one of these in the mail to you pronto!
Ok, I'm off to have a little stamping time since there's no baby here to keep an eye on. Hope my mojo hasn't up and left me because of lack of use! lol Have a restful day. Take time to dwell on all God's grace and goodness to us!!
Sharon

No comments: