Saturday, August 7, 2010

Country Blessings

Ok ladies, I have a couple versions of a Thanksgiving card for you today. One is the original I made for the ladies to make on Tuesday night, and the second one is using up an extra stamped piece from Tuesday night. Got that? And I also need to apologize for the carpet background on the pictures. I'm all set up for a used stamp sale and there's not an inch of table space left anywhere! (where have all those stamps come from??? YIKES!) I haven't done a sale for the last 4 years, and it sure looks like it! I sure hope some of these sell so I can get a bit more organized. But I digress....
I did find two of the cards from Tuesday that missed the box that was mailed out, so I thought I'd share with you. One of my main plans with making these cards for the soldiers is to use up retired cardstocks, DSP, and accessories that I have on hand and just fill in with current products. Plus this gives me a chance to use some of my favorite retired stamp sets too! All in all it is a win-win situation for me and the soldiers, don't you think??
So for this first card, I used a special set we were able to buy from SU! and also get a magazine subscription too. Needless to say I was rather shocked when I looked at the copyright date to see how long ago it had been - 2006!! But I still love the artwork of this set and will probably keep it forever. Oh yeah, I was going to show it to you, wasn't I???
Stamps: Country Blessings, Holidays and Wishes, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, and Canvas (miss all of these so much!!)
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke
Ink: Basic Brown, Always Artichoke, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, and Sahara Sand
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Metallic Eyelets, Crop-a-dile, Linen Thread, and Sponge Dauber
So on this card, about the only things current are the two cardstocks, most of the ink, and Linen Thread. The other goodies are all retired, but you can use this idea using current stamps quite nicely.
Now the 2nd card was just put together with a left-over stamped piece from Tuesday and extra cardstock I have sitting around. The ladies used one of our retired naturals cardstock - I think this one is the white tone. I had just a small strip of Always Artichoke and put the card together differently to utilize what I had. The background was changed to the current Sanded set. Not bad for using up what was available, was it?
I think the soldiers will enjoy using these cards to send Thanksgiving wishes home to their families. At least I hope they do! And speaking of Thanksgiving, I want to take a minute to thank you for stopping by and checking in with me. I'll try to be a little more consistent with my posting. Now, you noticed I said 'try', didn't you? Some days I'm just to 'fried' to get down to the stamp cave and try to create something. But I'm sure you all know how that goes in your own lives too. So take a bit of time to relax and enjoy the weekend.
Sharon

No comments: