Monday, August 30, 2010

Peaceful Hostess Set

Oh, I just have to tell you, I am sooooo excited!! There's only a few more days to wait before you can order out of the new Holiday Mini Catalog! I'm excited because I'm dying to get my hot little hands on a new hostess set!! This set is called Peaceful Season and I'm lovin' it! The font is so elegant and Victorian and the images of the holly and dove are going to be great to stamp. Over a week ago my downline got together for a meeting to discuss all that went on at convention, and of course we stamped!! lol Jan Tink brought the idea for the card that we were priviledged to make. Jan always has fabulous card ideas, and this one was just as wonderful as expected. I can't wait to get my own set so I can make more of these cards!


Stamps: Peaceful Season
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Always Artichoke, and Very Vanilla with new Deck The Halls Designer Series Paper
Ink: Early Espresso pad and Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, and Early Espresso Markers
Accessories: Gold Brads, Early Espresso 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch, Sponge Daubers, Cutter Kit, Gold Lame' Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink, and Dimensionals






I had to take some extra pictures to show you how gorgeous this whole card looks. All of the elements work together so nicely to give such a look of elegance. (can you tell I love this???)

The new Deck The Halls DSP is fabulous in and of itself. The colors and prints, just yummy! But when you add these images - oh my! I like how the holly isn't a totally solid image so it looks softer. That makes it easier to overlay the sentiment onto it without the fine lines of the sentiment getting lost.





This was the first time I had used the new Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink. Nice stuff! The applicator is similar to a marker tip and fairly easy to use. I have to admit I should have had my glasses on to see what I was doing a little better. The little dots on the berries were fine, but the first accent to the G was a bit heavier than I would have liked. The 2nd stroke was just what I wanted. So let me say, a little practice is always a good thing!!

All in all, Jan you came up with a gorgeous card and I can't wait to make more of these. And then I'll have to do a little creating myself to see what else can be done with this lovely Hostess set. Now I'm off to see about getting some orders so that I can earn this set FREE!! Yippee!
Sharon

1 comment:

jaydee said...

Sharon... this is gorgeous. I love the soft, muted colors and the holly with the peace stamp. the distressing on your deck the halls dsp is perfect. A very beautiful card.
hugs
jaydee