Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Butterfly Redo

Have you ever looked in the catalog and been inspired? I know, every single time I look at it I find something new that inspires me!! But unfortunately, I don't own everything in the catalog (yet), so I can't always copy the idea exactly. This week I was stuck on butterfly ideas. My Hostess Club was last night and they had asked to make the butterfly card on page 101. That's always an interesting plan, but it usually turns out somewhat different than the original no matter how hard I try. Here's the card the ladies made last night. I'll fill you in on the changes.
Stamps: Dreams Du Jour
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Melon Mambo, Not Quite Navy, and Naturals Ivory with Neutrals Patterns Designer Series Paper Pack and Newsprint DSP
Ink: Soft Suede, Bashful Blue, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi Classic Pads, and Basic Black Craft Pad
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Vanilla Smooch Spritz, Curly Label Punch, Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Aqua Painter, and Dimensionals
Have you opened your catty yet to check what the original looks like? Hmm? Okay there are two major changes. For the striped bottom portion of the card, I used the new Neutrals DSP and the original used Naturals Ivory cardstock and the Solid Stripes stamp. I thought the printed paper layer would be so much quicker to do and easier also. Especially when you have half a dozen ladies all using the same stamps!
The other major change is the Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon instead of the lovely Chantilly Crochet Trim. Mine isn't here yet (like I said - I don't have everything yet), so we had to improvise a bit. I really think the crochet trim would be nicer on the card, but when in need - improvise!
Tomorrow I'll share with you the other butterfly card we copied and made, but with a few changes to that one also. See, I really can't help myself! I just have to make changes - even to the fabulously creative ideas that Stampin' Up! gives us in our catalog! It's a disease I tell ya, all this need to put my own stamp on things! he he he (oh what a bad pun that was!!)
On that note, I'll be leaving you for today. Be back tomorrow for the continuing saga of the Butterfly Redo.....
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

I love the long card! Great "redo". I haven't pulled that stamp set out in quite a while! I think I like your ribbon better than the crochet trim.