Thursday, July 29, 2010

Early Tree Trimmings

Do you ever have 'leftovers' after a class or workshop? I had a workshop the other night and had two make & take packs all cut and ready to go, but sadly left over. So, here's the quandry. Did I just put the cardstock pieces away, or did I want to make up the two cards as they were originally planned, or did I want to play around a bit with the basic pieces, but use different sets? Well, after the little munchkin got picked up this afternoon, I headed down to the stamp cave to see what could be done with my leftovers. And lookie there, a Christmas card that's all ready to either send myself or put in the box for sending to our soldiers. Hmmm... Guess it'll go in the box because they'll need those Christmas cards before I will. Besides, I never make my cards before December! I could say I thrive on deadlines, but that is such a huge lie. It's more like I'm steadily working on my ulcer by never doing things until the very last minute. Really, that ulcer should be coming along just fine by now! lol


Anyway, back to the card. Here's a link to the first idea. As you can see, the basic layout and components are the same, just different! Not only were the stamp sets changed, but there were different accessories used to give a different look. Hope you like the changes.




Stamps: Tree Trimmings and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Eggplant Envy, and Whisper White
Ink: Eggplant Envy, Bashful Blue, and Marina Mist
Accessories: Big Shot with Finial Press Embossing Folder, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Word Window Punch, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Stamp-a-ma-jig, and Dimensionals






I don't know if you can see the glitter on the ornaments. Sometimes pictures just don't show cards as lovely as they are. The glitter just makes them so pretty and sparkly!

This is one set that I always use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get those little hangers on just right. I find that tool so easy to use and it makes everything look so nice and puts it precisely where you want it. This is one of those 'must-have' tools for me.

Ok, that's all for today. I've really got to get upstairs and throw together something for dinner before I faint from lack of food. Yeah, right! Like that will ever happen!!! lol Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow. We'll see....
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

Lovely card! I love all the shades of blue and of course the "bling". One of my favorite sets-especially for the price! I am not sure why but I rarely get out the SAMJ but this set and Trendy Trees pretty much require it!