Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Love those Builder Wheels!

Ok, when you look at my sample card, you're going to know that I am a really big color wimp! What is that you ask? Well, when you have a fear of deciding what colors will work in the 3-Cell Cartridge, and can't make up your mind which color combo you might want to use in the future, and you 'just can't decide!!', then you know you're an official color wimp. I'm not sure if that's the medical term or not (maybe just technical), but it sure fits the bill for me! lol It took me three days to decide which colors to put into the 3-Cell Cartridge! I had the card idea in my head, but couldn't decide on colors. I mean, this was an earth-shattering decision to make. Once I put the refill to the cell pad, there would be no going back! Well, maybe I could rinse it all out if I really hated the look. But anyway, it was a tough choice, so I chickened out and used colors that I knew would work well together - So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, and Baja Breeze. And after all that debating with myself, I didn't even use the middle color of the cell!!! Oh well, I am happy with my card, even though it was a hard decision to make. Hope you like it too! Oh, btw, now that I've worked with the Builder Wheels, I've gone and ordered another 3-Cell Cartridge. Any ideas for color combos for the next one????? You know I need all the help I can get!

Stamps: So Many Stars and Candle Crazy Builder Wheels, Heard from the Heart, andCute by the Inch (level 2 Hostess set - love it!!)
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi, and Whisper White
Ink: Wild Wasabi and Baja Breeze pads, So Saffron and Baja Breeze refills
Accessories: Jumbo Handle, Wheel Guide, Builder Wheel Spindle and Spacers, Scallop Square Punch, and Dimensionals

It had been awhile since I'd used my Wheel Guide and I totally forgot how easy it is to use and how nice and straight it keeps my wheeled images! Wow! I used this for a make & take at a workshop. Usually this group really complains when I want them to use a wheel on anything they make. It was quite funny how everyone thought it did wonders for them and no one was grumbling about using wheels on their card. They even wanted to use it on their envelopes and got quite creative. Guess I need to remember to show some basics when I do workshops with some of my friends that have been my customers from the very beginning (almost 13 years!!). If I forget about some ideas, techniques, or tools, it stands to reason that they might forget about them too! Ah, always a good lesson to learn.

Have a good one...
Sharon

No comments: