Sunday, July 11, 2010

Catalog CASE

Happy Sunday to you. Hope you're finding a way to relax and enjoy the day. On the way home from church, we stopped at a couple of yardsales close by. They both had tons of baby clothes and equipment. Much of the clothing looked like it had never even been worn. So of course we had to pick up a few items of clothing and a walker and little tiny T-ball set. Don't know how soon Carson will be trying to hit a ball, but we're ready for it! lol

Ok, enough about my grandbaby and let's get back to cards and sharing ideas! I mean, that's why you're here, isn't it? Awhile back, I'd been looking through the new catalog and a certain card caught my attention. I thought it was really cute and I liked how it used a set in a different way than intended. That fact always catches my attention! So I have my version of the card to share with you. You can see the original idea on page 54 of the new catalog. (If you don't have a catalog yet and would like one, please contact me and I'll send one out to you!) Anyway, here's my version - what do you think? Does it make you feel like summertime and having a party?




Stamps: Party Hearty and On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Riding Hood Red, and Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black and Riding Hood Red ink pads, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze, Regal Rose, and Wild Wasabi Markers
Accessories: Scallop Square Punch, Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon, Paper Snips, and Dimensionals

This card reminds be of all the colorful flags on boats out on the water during the summer. They always look to happy and ready to party. Hope it evokes the same happy, summertime feeling for you too!

Since it's just way too hot outside to be comfortable, I think I'll just sit here drinking my lemonade and read a few more blogs! Hope you enjoy your day too! Take time to energize and get organized for the coming week. Enjoy!!
Sharon

No comments: