Saturday, July 10, 2010

Unconventional Christmas

Well, we've all made it through the first week of babysitting for our grandbaby while our daughter went back to work. I think only 6 weeks isn't enough time to get acquainted with baby and all that entails, but I'm not the boss so it wasn't our decision. Actually it all went pretty smoothly, so maybe I'm just an old fuss-budget! I will admit I got precious little done this week. In fact one day I was just happy I got a shower and the dishwasher unloaded. Oh my, how did I do it when it was my own baby's and I had them 24/7, not just during working hours. Oh yes, now I remember - I was alot younger then!! lol
I've been working the last couple of evenings on class projects for next week, and I'm happy to report that all is in readiness for my lovely ladies on Monday night. I don't want to spoil the surprise for you, so I'm not sharing those ideas yet. You'll just have to be patient and wait til class to see what you'll be making. What I will show you is an idea I've been considering for our cardmaking session for the soldiers next month. I know it's way early to be thinking Christmas, but they need to get to the From Our Hearts bunch by October 15th, so it's time to get planning and stamping! What do you think - are the colors too somber for Christmas? Let me know before I get everything chopped up and ready for stamping.
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Four the Holidays, and Itty Bitty Backgrounds (retired)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Soft Suede
Ink: Basic Black and Soft Suede Classic, Very Vanilla Craft
Accessories: Vanilla HodgePodge Hardware, Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Sponge quarter, Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Paper Snips, and Dimensionals
Well, whadya think? Too dark, or just fine?? I haven't figured out what to use for snowflakes since Itty Bitty Backgrounds have been retired. I just had to dig it out and use it for the card because it really needed a few flakes to soften the colors.
And did you notice that the Vanilla brad looked a bit darker than normal? I sponged it heavily with Soft Suede and then rubbed most of the color off so it was softly antiqued looking. The card isn't quite the normal size. I trimmed it a little short to only 5", so it's not square, but not regular sized either.
Please give me your input on the colors and anything else about the card that you'd like to comment on. I'd love to hear what you think!
Thanks for stopping by and listening to my rambling. I appreciate any comments you leave. We're just having a relaxing weekend and catching up on sleep around here! In fact, in might be about time for a little nap....
Sharon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the design and layout. I'm not sure but you might be right that it is a little dark. Can you add some silver or vanilla to lighten it somewhat?