Monday, July 5, 2010

One of those...

I can't say it's been one of those days, because the day isn't done yet and I keep hoping it gets better. There's still a chance that things will pick up, you know? I was hoping to share some pics from yesterday, but that's not gonna happen today. Maybe tomorrow, and then I'll explain why. So instead I thought I'd do a little blog surfing on my last day before babysitting starts for real.

Mary Fish always has such lovely ideas with clean and simple lines that I really like, so I thought I'd check out her blog. Oh yes, lots of lovely ideas and one just screamed out for me to case it. Here's her original - just beautiful, isn't it? Well, I rolled up my sleeves and got started. First of all I realized I didn't have the stamp set she used. Oh well, that's never stopped me before. I'll just find something similar and thought of Itty Bitty Bits. Then for some reason, I decided to change the navy to Elegant Eggplant. Sure, why not?! Still going ok. Maybe this would be a cute card for classes next week...

Then I started stamping and punching those little flower circles. Next came those darling little buttons. I counted out buttons and figured I had just enough for class. That's good. Then I started with the teensy bit of cardstock threaded through and knotted. Hmmmmmmm... I think that part took over 1/2 hour just to get those two buttons done. Not sure the class ladies would go for that, and they'd want me to do all their buttons for them. Yikes! I'd have to get started making them now! But they really are cute, maybe.....

Ok, time to put it together. Hmmm... didn't like it. My dimensions simply were not laying out nicely. But if we changed the layout to a top fold and moved things around a bit, yes, I think that does it! I got it all taped down and Dimensional-ized, then picked it up. Oh no!!!! When I put the card on it's side, I didn't pay attention to where it opened - it was backwards! So there was a lot of peel and trim, add a new card base, then retape, etc. til we got to the totally finished project. Whew. I do still like it, but that was one crazy 2 hours of stamping. Don't think this was meant to be a class project after all.... Hope you enjoy it anyway!


Stamps: Itty Bitty Bits, Matchbox Messages, and Messages for Mom
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Elegant Eggplant, and Whisper White
Ink: Marina Mist, Elegant Eggplant Classic Ink, Whisper White Craft Ink
Accessories: 1/2" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Bitty Buttons, Scallop Border Punch, Marina Mist 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, and Dimensionals

Well Mary, I really did love your card and it was fun working on this one. But I think it's the only one like this that will be made in this house. I'd just like to know how come some of the simplest ideas are the hardest to execute??? On that note, it's on to looking for other ideas to reinvent! Thanks for stopping by and sharing a bit of my day with me. Hope you leave a comment to make my day. Have a good one...
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

I can't tell you how many times things like this have happened to me!!! I always plan a card and then forget to count how many brads etc. I have.
The end result of your endeavor is wonderful and I love those buttons!