Sunday, January 31, 2010

Is it or isn't it?

After making this card, it struck me that it could be a Valentine. Not that I was planning on it that way. In fact, that wasn't my idea at all. I was just using some 'In Colors' to make a card. Maybe it's all that 'pinky' Melon Mambo color that pushes it over to the Valentine look. Or maybe it was the sentiment. Who knows? But looking at it now, I guess it'll have to go into the "Big V" file!
Pun Fun and Fun & Fast Notes have been two of my favorite, go-to sets ever since they were introduced a couple of years ago. Between the two sets, there's just about everything a beginner stamper could need to make cards for the entire year. Even though they're both good sized sets, I've always felt they were well worth the money spent. I wonder just how many dozens of cards I've actually made with these two sets since 2007?


Stamps: Pun Fun
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Very Vanilla, and Watercolor Paper
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Going Gray, and (oops, I just realized I never colored in the beverage!! Gotta do that now before I forget!)
Accessories: Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dot Impressions Folder, Melon Mambo Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Mat Pack with Piercing Tool, Silver Mini Brads, AquaPainter, and Dimensionals


Did you catch the dotty theme going on here? Dots on the cup, the background, the ribbon, even the mini brads follow that theme. Maybe I'm even going a little 'dotty' myself today!! Yikes, look out!!
And did you notice the little strip of Bermuda Bay cardstock tucked in along the bottom edge? It just screamed out to me that it needed a splash of color to off-set all that bright pink! Usually I tend to go for a softer pink like either Pretty in Pink or Regal Rose for my pink choices, but I'm waiting for an order to come in and replenish my stock. So it was time to pull out a different pink to use. It seems to have worked out nicely for this card. Maybe I need to get out that boldly pink color, Melon Mambo, more often. Put a little wild pizzazz in my life!
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you've had your creative juices jazzed up and are ready to create. Toodles for now...
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda L. said...

I love this stamp set even though it has not seen ink in a while. Really cute card-looks like a Valentine to me!