Monday, January 18, 2010

Sending Love to You

I'm so hooked on the new Sending Love Designer Series Papers. Aren't they all just gorgeous?! I've been having a hard time cutting into them because I can't decide which side I want to use first or which one I want to keep (let's be honest -horde) for a little while longer. Isn't that just crazy? Do you ever deal with earth-shattering problems like that???
Anyway, cut I did, and this is the card that was the result of it. For this card, I didn't use the glittery side of the paper. Instead, the main image is embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder to give it a little glitz. With using the darker DSP and not adding a ribbon, do you think this might qualify for a masculine card? With the smidgeon of Pretty in Pink and using the Pinking Hearts border punch, I'm just not too sure. Let me know soon, 'cuz it might be going to my son and he won't want anything too frou-frou. lol
Stamps: With All My Heart
Cardstock: Real Red, Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink cardstock with Sending Love Designer Series Paper
Ink: Real Red Craft ink, Chocolate Chip Classic ink, and Real Red, Chocolate Chip Markers
Accessories: Big Shot with Circles 2 Bigz Die, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Modern Label Punch, Dimensionals, and Sponge Daubers
After the card had been done awhile and I've been looking at it, it seems like it needs something in the center of the red flower image. I can't decide whether to add on a brad, corduroy button, or what?? And if I add something else, will that get it even more non-masculine? Oh the problems... Maybe he won't get this one at all and I'll have to make him something with maybe the Love Bandit instead. What do you think? I need some input here...
Still confused in Michigan,
Sharon

1 comment:

Tory said...

Oh, Sharon, you are cracking me up today! I love your card. I think it looks great just as it is and it would work fine for a masculine card. Besides, it IS for Valentines Day. It has to have hearts or lace or flowers or SOMETHING! LOL