Saturday, January 23, 2010

Neighborly Get Well

I have a friend who has had surgery on her knee, so of course that called for sending a hand-made card. Right? So after looking around at all my new stamps and also finding Gretchen Barron's blog challenge, the idea for her card was born. I hadn't even put my new 'Good Neighbors' set together yet, so this seemed like the time to do it! Then the thought of adding some of the new coordinating cute 'Welcome Neighbor' Designer Series Paper to the mix was a given. Hope you like what I came up with...


Stamps: Good Neighbor and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Whisper White cardstocks and Welcome Neighbor DSP
Ink: Dusty Durango, Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay pads, and Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede Markers
Accessories: Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Word Window Punch, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Soft Suede Polka Dot Ribbon, and Dimensionals





Of course I carried the theme into the inside of the card by stamping the house and trees again. It just makes the inside of the cards so much more fun!

Just in case I haven't mentioned it earlier, most of this card was made with products from either the Occasions Mini or the Sale-A-Bration catalogs. Don't you just love those freebies during SAB? Did I mention this is one of my favorite times of the year?! Now get out those stamps, start creating, and show them some love!

Have a great Saturday...
Sharon












3 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a great card. Hand stamped cards are so appreciated. I am sure this will help cheer up your neighbor. Gretchen has such wonderful hints on her blog.

Tory said...

Love this one, Sharon. Love your new pic, too.

Erin Morley said...

Sharon, you changed your profile pic! What a nice one it is too! Adorable little card, great job!