Monday, January 4, 2010

Last of the Christmas Cards

Sorry I've been incommunicado for the last few days. Oh my goodness! I just looked at my calendar and didn't realize it's been almost a whole week!! So sorry. But that doesn't mean I haven't been creating and stamping. While cleaning up some of the extra cut cardstock sitting around on my work table, I ended up working on a card that had been kicking around in my brain for awhile. I just hadn't had time to work it out. So therefore, the plan was to do it NOW. After much finagling and changing my mind, getting Rick's input, then changing my mind some more, this is the final product...

I wanted something simple with the image being the real center of attention. I think this card is even better than I envisioned in the beginning.

Stamps: Holy Triptych and Many Merry Messages
Cardstock: Garden Green, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Gold Encore' Pad
Accessories: Big Shot with Petals A Plenty Impressions Folder, Heat Tool with Gold Embossing Powder, Small Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Nestabilities (non-SU!), Sponge Dauber, Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Gold Mini Brad, and Dimensionals

Ok, so now I'm ahead of the game, because I have another 3 cards made for next Christmas! How funny! A whole evening spent making 3 cards for next Christmas! I must be daft. But they are finished and for that I'm very thankful!

Hope you like the idea. I know it's not what you're expecting this time of year. But it really is lovely in person and I felt the need to share.

Ok, enough explaining myself. Time to get back to my swap cards for Leadership. I can hardly wait to see my friends again! It's really fun getting together twice a year at SU! functions. If you read my blog and are going to Leadership, I'd love to meet you too and make another friend. You can never have too many friends, you know!

Have a great day!

Sharon

No comments: