Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Another Class Project

Good morning to one and all! What a beautiful day it is here with the sun shining like crazy and reflecting off the newest dusting of snow. I just love winter days like today. But that doesn't mean I don't miss summer, because I do. And when I was working on class projects for this month, it was gray and ugly outside. So, that meant I went overboard on summery-looking projects! lol This one is a bookmark and card combo. I'm using a bookmark like this right now and it's doing a great job of keeping my place in the book. Why not give this a try for yourself or one of your friends? Just change the sentiment to 'thinking of you' and start passing them out! I'm sure they'd love something bright and summery like this to perk up their winter days!
Stamps: On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Gable Green, Green Galore, Glorious Green, Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Yo Yo Yellow, and Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black and Pixie Pink
Accessories: Big Shot with Petals A Plenty Impressions Folder, Two Tags Die, Scallop Circle Punch, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Daisy Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Fire Round Rhinestone Brad, Sponge Dauber, Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Dimensionals, Paper Snips, and Personal Cutter (whew, hope I remembered everything!)
I love so many things about this card. First of all, the size of the tag die is perfect for a bookmark. Next, adding just a smidgeon of ink onto the embossed background really enhances the overall look. Otherwise, it really looks too white. Sometimes lots of white space is great, but not on this one. It needed the touch of color.
Lastly, isn't the layered flower fun? I just love the added texture of the curled petals so it looks so much more dimensional instead of laying there flat and boring. But I guess it'd be hard to be boring with all these colors, right? LOL
That's it for today. I've got so much to do so there's no more time for chit chat. Have a great day!
Sharon

No comments: