Friday, February 5, 2010

I love Love!

Oh, I really, really do! Anything romantic and 'schmoozy' is right up my alley! So it's no wonder that I really enjoy making valentines and look forward to Valentine's Day and anniversaries each year. And with the great stamp sets, wheels, and Designer Papers available from Stampin' Up! this season, I've been having sooooo much fun!
This card is the first time I've used this red pattern from the 'Sending Love' Designer Series Paper, and I just love it! Now I'm going to have to order myself some more because it's all been used up for class projects next week. This will be one of the four projects the ladies will be making. Hope they like it, and hope you do too!
Stamps: Love You Much, I (Love) Love Jumbo Wheel
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Bravo Burgundy, and Real Red cardstocks with Sending Love DSP
Ink: Real Red, Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: Heart of Hearts Embosslit with Big Shot, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Full Heart Punch, Small Heart Punch, Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Jumbo Handle, and Dimensionals
Thought I'd give you a side shot so you can tell how items are layered here. That's just in case you'd like to make your own version of this Valentine for your honey.
Don't the two different prints of Designer Paper go nicely together? It's just so hard to decide which side to use when you like them all!! And did you notice how the Full Heart Punch layers perfectly onto the heart embosslit? It's a nice touch having that little bit of 'ruffle' peaking out behind the pretty print paper.
How about this surprise inside of the card? I pulled an older set for the inside sentiment and did a bit of watercoloring to let the 'love' be the focal point. And I had to add another little heart inside just to make sure the recipient knows for sure that I love him. lol (Just in case he doesn't know that already!!)
Anyway, there you have it. The latest in the Valentine series. There still might be more since it isn't February 14th yet. We'll see......
Happy stamping, and keep spreading the love!
Sharon

No comments: