Monday, February 15, 2010

After Valentine Blahs

Well, after a crazy and sad week, I'm finally back here sharing with you. Sorry for the long absence. Last week was class week for me, and when you throw in a workshop and a memorial service for a very much-loved pastor, it turned out to be a very emotionally draining week too. I shared some of the projects already, but not the last one. And this one might be my favorite too!
I know somewhere out there I saw something that inspired this card. Not sure where, but if it is your card that inspired me, let me know so I can give you credit.
I just love this new punch from the Occasions Mini Catalog. Isn't it darling? So much fun to punch a bird, branch, and wing out to make a lovely dimensional addition to your card. I had to add the little heart from the I {Heart} Hearts set to top it off!
And the new paper pack, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack is just the greatest! All those lovely prints and stripes in luscious coordinating colors! They're positively yummy!! It was so easy to choose what colors of cardstock to use just by picking colors from the paper designs.
Stamps: I {Heart} Hearts, Whimsical Words
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Taken with Teal, Old Olive, Whisper White cardstock with Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch, Designer Label Punch, Small Heart Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponge quarter, and Dimensionals
My advice here is to get this paper pack if you don't have it already. There are so many different color combos and styles of prints in this pack, it will keep you happy for a long time. And did you notice in the close-up that the stripe has a lovely floral over-print in white on it? Very subtle, but it adds just an extra special touch to it. When you use a dsp like this, the card almost seems to make itself!
Hope you like this card and thanks for looking! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!
Sharon

No comments: