Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Stamping Reunion

Today was a really long day, but such alot of fun! I was a vendor at an all-day crop at a Lutheran school on the east side of town. I've had some steady customers in that area for at least 7-8 years. But I hadn't seen them in the past year or so because so many of them had been laid-off (either themselves or their spouses) and money had been too tight for non-essentials. But several of them were at the crop, and we had a great time catching up on all the family goings-on and such. These ladies are so special to me! Just like family, and I've missed seeing them so much!! (Hi Linda T and Judy M!!!) I've found that the kindest and most caring individuals all seem to have a crafting bond. Stamping and scrapbooking seems to attract the very nicest people! Don't you think so?
So in honor of seeing these friends again, it seemed appropriate to share a card idea using the 'Hello Again' stamp set. This is a happy little card that's just right to send out to someone you've been thinking of but haven't seen in awhile...
Stamps: Hello Again, Dot Dot Dot
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Mellow Moss, Ruby Red, and Whisper White
Ink: Ruby Red, Mellow Moss Markers, Bashful Blue Pad
Accessories: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Bashful Blue Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, and Dimensionals
I had been fiddling with this card and it just looked too plain until I spiced it up with the new Dot Dot Dot single stamp. It really adds quite a punch of pattern to the card! It was stamped randomly instead of full coverage to give it a little bit of a fun off-beat look.
I appreciate you stopping by today and it's been a pleasure to share this card with you. And when you're saying your prayers tonight, thank God for all the wonderful people He's brought into your life. I know I will...
Blessings!
Sharon

No comments: