Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cupcake Birthday

Happy Tuesday to you! It's turning out to be one of those snowy days here. There were big fluffy flakes coming down this morning that added up to about 2" or so around here. I was out shoveling before my punch class ladies came at noon. Imagine my surprise when they all left and the driveway was almost dry! That'll make it much better for the ladies coming tonight so they won't have to deal with any icy patches.

Today I have a really quick card for a friend's birthday. It is sized a little differently so it fits into our Open End Envelopes instead of the regular A2 size. Just a small difference, but I think making a card this size nicely shows off the wheel used for the background.
Stamps: Friendly Words Jumbo Wheel
Cardstock: Confetti White, Pretty in Pink, Real Red, and Close to Cocoa
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose
Accessories: Big Shot with Big Bold Cupcakes Sizzlits Dies, Jumbo Handle, AquaPainter, Crimper, Heart to Heart Punch, and Dimensionals
Like I said, this is one fast card to make, but it still looks cute. Adding just a bit of ink to swirl up the frosting makes it look almost good enough to eat! Using the crimper on the cupcake bottom really gives the look of the cupcake liners and hardly takes any added time at all. All in all, I think this is one yummy card. Now if I only had me a cupcake to eat for real.....
Enjoy the day and find time for your stamping fix today!
Sharon

No comments: