Saturday, February 6, 2010

Easter Daffodils in Snowy February

Sure wish these same daffodils were really blooming outside my front door instead of on my card! Actually my in-laws had daffodils just like this growing along a fence on their farm. That was years ago, but I can still see them blowing in the breeze every spring and it makes me feel so young again. Isn't it funny how a memory can suddenly crop up and bring all kinds of feelings with it? Hope you have some wonderful memories of spring and you enjoy this card too.
Stamps: Abundant Hope and Eggcoutrements
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Lavender Lace, Whisper White cardstocks with Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper
Ink: Basic Gray, Lavender Lace, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Creamy Caramel pads, and Dusty Durango Marker
Accessories: Scallop Border Punch, Modern Label Punch, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, AquaPainter, Certainly Celery 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, and Dimensionals
This card was full of surprises for me. First of all, I didn't think the Scallop Border Punch would fit this border stamp. So I was very pleasantly surprised to find it's a perfect fit. Of course, why would I be surprised when I know Stampin'Up! is always looking for ways to coordinate their products! Woo Hoo!!
My second surprise was how much I like the saffron and white print used on this card. I've gone through most of 2 packs of Bella Bleu DSP and I'm working on the 3rd. And this is the first time I've used this print!! I could never find anything I really liked with it and it just ganged up on me. Now that I see how nice this looks, I'll have to either make a bunch more of these Easter cards to send out or be on the look-out for some other idea I like as well.
Hope you find time to stamp this weekend. When you're reading this I'll be off on a road-trip to Lansing with several of my stamping friends. We thought it was time to check out a few other stores - including a quilting store. I'll be looking for some fun fabrics that I can use my Big Shot and dies to make quilt squares. This is something very new to me, but a beautiful craft I've wanted to try my hand at for quite some time. Since I have several friends that do quilt, I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to learn myself and have them try something new too!! So that means we'll all be learning together. If anything actually comes of this, I'll share it with you if it's not too horrible!
Happy stamping and have a glorious (not too snowy) weekend,
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

Lovely spring card! I am soooo ready for daffodils! I have overlooked that Bella Bleu paper-now I think I must have some!!!