Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Cheer Up Buttercup!

Oh, how I'm lovin' that little sentiment!  I've been using it a lot lately and it seems to easily fit my general type of cards.  Who couldn't use a little cheering up every once in awhile?  I know I sure could lately!  I've been down with another of my winter colds lately and it hasn't been fun.  I must admit it hasn't been as bad as last year, but still not fun.  And today we got socked with another winter storm and lots of snow.  Bummer!  The storm was bad enough to cancel class for today because I was worried about the ladies being out driving in it.  Anyway, I have a wonderfully cheerful card for you today.  I hope you like it...

Stamps:  Geometrical
Ink:  Coastal Cabana (or Wisteria Wonder)
Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, and Very Vanilla with Afternoon Picnic Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, and Pearls Basic Jewels
This is such a pleasing, cheerful card even discounting the sentiment on it.  The colors make me happy and that's a good thing.  It wasn't hard to make at all.  It's basically made up of strips of cardstock with flag ends on them.  The colors were all chosen because they were all in the Afternoon Picnic DSP which made it a no-brainer for me. 

I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the card.  I used 3 different triangle flags from the set to stamp a banner across the top in the same colors as the cardstock used.  It made the vanilla cardstock layer inside look very festive.

Here's another look at the card along with another version using the same layout, the same stamp set, and the same DSP pack.  Because of some minor changes, the card looks very different.  It's always fun to try the same card with a few changes to see how it looks.  To me the 2nd card with the chevron print looks more modern and the original looks more old-fashion.  It's funny what a change in paper prints can do   for you!

Thanks for checking back in today.  Hope you like the ideas and give them a try.  I think you'll be happy with this layout. 
Happy stamping,    Sharon 

No comments: