Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pretty Petal Parade

Hi gang!  Today I have another card using the free Sale-A-Bration set called Petal Parade.  I've been having so much fun using this lately and I wanted to share another idea with you.  This set seems to work well with all kinds of color combos and I've been using some regular ones and some not so regular.  This card was made using some of the newest In Colors and adding So Saffron and Pool Party to keep it nice and gentle looking.  Here's what I did....

Stamps:  Petal Parade, Four You
Ink:  Pool Party, So Saffron, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, and Basic Gray
Paper:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party, and Whisper White
Accessories:  Big Shot with Decorative Dots TIEF, Simply Scored Board, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack, and Petite Petals Punch






This is a simple and sweet card that's quick and easy to make when you're in a big hurry to get something in the mail.  When I was finished making it, I was surprised at how many free Sale-A-Bration items were used to make it!  There's the stamp set of course, but also the embossing folder and the twine from the accessory pack.

I added the lines of dry embossing to give it a little more interest since so much of the card is blank.  I added a layer of Whisper White cardstock inside the card for writing your note.  I also added the same flowers in the corner of the envelope and inside the card to match.  All that white plain white just bothers me and I have to add something!  grin

That's it for today.  I had a little free time because of the little one's nap and took advantage of it.  Hope you like this simple card and will try something similar.  Thanks for stopping in today.  Sharon

No comments: