Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Geometric Fun

When the Occasions Mini Catalog came out, I wasn't sure whether I liked the Geometrical stamp set or not.  Well, that's sure changed a lot! (grin)  Today I have two different styles of card using both sentiments and shapes from the set, but they look really different.  It's so much fun taking the same (or similar) stamps and create something really different by changing colors and adding different accessories.  This way, there's always something to like about a stamp set!!  Here's what I mean....

Stamps:  Geometrical
Ink:  Smoky Slate, Calypso Coral, Soft Sky, and Basic Gray
Paper:  Basic Gray, Calypso Coral, and Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot with Arrows TIEF, Basic Gray Stitched Ribbon, and Triangle Punch
 I worked with darker colors here and kept it really basic so it could be a masculine card.  Love the arrows embossing for the background.  I find I'm using that very often because it fits so well on so many applications.

The triangle punch was a life saver for me on this card.  First attempt, I just tried stamping straight across.  How silly of me!  It worked out so much better (and easier too!!) by punching the triangles and just attaching them in a straight line.  Love, love, love it when SU! makes life simpler for me!  (grin)

Here's another style of card that used the same stamp set, but with different stamps used and totally changing the color.

Stamps:  Geometrical
Inks:  Bermuda Bay, Strawberry Slush, Crushed Curry, and Stazon Jet Black
Paper:  Whisper White
Accessories: Triangle Punch, Daffodil Delight Stitched Ribbon, and Brights Candy Dots

The color change is the biggest difference here I think.  This card is so bright and cheerful - it almost makes you feel happier just looking at it.  The dots were just stamped randomly with the sentiment stamped right over them.  The arrow was just a fun little addition. 

The ladies at my workshop last Saturday made this card for their make & take.  It was interesting to see all the different ways they attached their flags.  They also chose which sentiment from the set to use and which color Candy Dots they wanted.  This was an easy card to make the changes on and each one was cute as could be when they were finished.

Hope you enjoyed these ideas.  Thanks for stopping by to see what's new.  Sharon

No comments: