Saturday, February 1, 2014

Happy Birthday Arrow Card

I shared a card made with the Good as Gold card as part of the card layering the other day.  I've been playing with the left over printed cardstock - you know it's too pretty not to use it!!  I love the cards I've been making with this and can't wait to share them with you.  Here's the 2nd of 3 cards made with 1 of the cards from the kit.  Hope you like it as much as I do!

Stamps:   Label Something, Remembering Your Birthday, Perfect Pennants, and Hello Lovely
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Pistachio Pudding, and Basic Gray pads with Calypso Coral and Bermuda Bay markers
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Whisper White with Good As Gold SAB Card Kit
Accessories:  Big Shot with Hearts A Flutter Framelits, Chevron Punch, Artisan Label Punch, Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, and Dimensionals

 Yes, I know - I used a ton of different products on this one card.  But they were pretty much all strewn across my worktable from other projects and I just kept adding little bits to the card.  Dropping any of the items just makes the card droop.  Like adding the Chevron Punch pieces to the front of the card just made it pop.  I had been trying different ideas, but when I added these - wow!!

One thing I learned with this card is that my Bermuda Bay ink pad is quite a bit lighter in color than the marker and cardstock.  That makes it frustrating to really get things to match.  Bummer.  Maybe I could get a refill and it might darken up.  At least that's my plan right now.

Ok, hope you liked this card.  I love it and I'm so happy with how it turned out.  There's just something about the print of the Good as Gold card that makes me want to keep creating with it.  The colors are so fresh and fun I can't help it!!  It makes me remember that we won't have snow and freezing temps forever.  Thank God!  It's been snowing heavily ever since I got up this morning and we've already got at least another 3" so far.  (I haven't been outside to measure, so it might be more)  Wonder when it's gonna let up?  Oh, well, might as well stay in and do a little more stamping!  Have a great Saturday.  Stay warm and cozy...        Sharon

No comments: