Monday, February 17, 2014

Starry Birthday Card

Today's card was so much fun to make that I decided the ladies that come to my classes would like it too.  It's versatile enough in the colors and images that it could work for either man or woman, and probably even any teenagers you need to make cards for.  Let me know what you think...

Stamps:  Simply Stars and Remembering Your Birthday
Ink:  Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay, and Crushed Curry
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Whisper White with Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Basic Gray Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon or Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon
Such a simple card to make!  It would make sense to make up a couple of these to have on hand when needed. 

I chose the star colors from the Kaleidoscope DSP so that was easy peasy.  Just stamp on a few stars both inside and outside of the card and it's finished.  (and don't forget to stamp the envelope to match!)


 I chose the Basic Gray 1/4" Stitched Ribbon to go with the card, but tried it with the Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon too.  This change gave the card a little edgier look for teens. Both of these colors are part of the cool print, so either work quite well.

Been turning to the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set quite often lately.  It's a really good addition to any sentiment stamps you might already own.  I figure I can never have too many sentiment stamps!!  grin

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this idea with you.  Love to hear any comments you might have.  Thanks for sharing!  Happy stamping,     Sharon

No comments: