Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tag Topper Card

I spent time last night hanging out with some friends on the internet.  First time for that experience, and it went pretty well.  At least until my internet provider kept losing a connection.  Oh well, sometimes technology is fabulous, and sometimes not so much.  Last night was a bit of both.  But it was absolutely fabulous to 'see'  some of my stamping friends that I haven't seen in two years.  We had a lot of sharing and fun together.  And that brings me to my card today.  One of my friends shared with us a Tag Topper card and gave us instructions on how to make one.  So I got busy and tried it before I forgot how she said to do it.  (It's tough getting old when the memory is shot!!)  I loved how different the card is and wanted to share with you right away.

Stamps:  Perfect Pennants
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Pistachio Pudding, and Calypso Coral
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, and Sahara Sand with SAB Good as Gold Card Kit
Accessories:   Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Big Shot with Deco Labels Framelits, Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon,  Sponge quarters, and Dimensionals
I wish you could see this in person.  The gold dots on the paper really don't show here at all, but are so pretty with this fresh color combo.  I figured I could make 3 cards using just one of the printed cards from the kit, so why not try it.

I didn't have any ribbon that I liked with the colors on the card, so I used an ink pad and sponge to color the white ribbon.  It's a pretty soft Calypso Coral color now.

I love the Perfect Pennants stamp set - quite versatile.  That little sentiment has been punched or die-cut using at least 3 different shapes on cards in the last week.  Wonder how many of those dies will actually fit this one stamp??  Did you notice the little striping of dots on the white layer inside the card?  It is also from the Perfect Pennants stamp set and is a perfect accent for this card with all the other dots going on.

Ok, my break from the grandkids is just about up.  I hear some rustling going on in the bed where the little one is napping.  Hope you enjoy this card.  I had fun making in and will definitely make more of this style soon.  Have a great day today.  Stay warm and have some fun!      Sharon


1 comment:

Michelle Breton said...

Love it, Sharon! And it was so much fun "stamping" with you!